Thursday 17 July 2014

A priming duo from heaven.



It took me a while to discover primers, but ever since I have, there is no going back. I am in love. No really.

For the longest time - or what seems like that anyway - I thought it was just a useless step in your makeup routine, and being my lazy self, I didn't bother with it. That was until about a year ago. Clinique had brought out their super primers and after reading some good reviews on them, I (impulsively) bought one.

I picked up the colour corrects dullness primer (pink), and because I was so impressed by it, I recently went and bought the colour corrects discolourations one (orange). Both are a dream to apply and my foundation just glides on afterwards. Use the pink primer for when or where you need a bit more radiance and the orange primer for when or where you want to correct discolourations (doh) and blemish marks.

Now if there's one thing that could be better than using a good primer, it would be to double prime, no? Ever since Kate introduced me to this concept, I have been doing it all the time and I'm loving the results.

As a second primer I use the Revlon photoready skinlights face illuminator -yikes, quite the mouthful then. But it does a fantastic job. I apply this after one of the two superprimers. Not too much though, as it has a bit of shimmer in it and we don't want to look like a disco ball, now do we? In all seriousness though, this has been a life changer. I didn't use to like being in photographs because I didn't like the way I looked, and I know it sounds weird or crazy, but since using this, my skin looks a lot better on camera. Yay. Thanks for that.

A little bit more info on primers: other than prepping your face for makeup application, it also makes your makeup last longer, so really it's a win-win.

Do you use primers? Or even double prime?

4 comments:

  1. Only in the last week or so have I discovered primers - mine is a Smash Box one. They really are game changing aren't they? It's nice to get to the end of the day and not look like you've just got out of bed because it's all smudged off somewhere. When mine runs out I might try the super one. Anything with the word 'super' in the title has to be good right?
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite the discovery, eh? :) haha, that's exactly what I thought! Can't go wrong there! xx

      Delete
  2. I used to use primer, years ago, but never really saw a difference so I gave it up. Thinking back now, I did look better in photos then - I always just associated it with the fact that I'm aging and my skin can't stay perfect forever but I'm wondering now if primer could actually have been why my skin looked so great. I'm going to have to investigate - thanks for the tip!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can see the greatest changes in photos as well! And your makeup stays put for longer so it's well worth a try again :) xx

      Delete